Stereophonics Messageboard Forum Index

<  Live area  ~  Brixton Electric - 4th March

Pot_Head_Pixie
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
Anybody got any idea of the running times for the show tonight? Is their a support band? I've called the venue and they don't have any information!
Jollyphonic
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Apr 2008 Posts: 433 Location: sittin' on me arris!
Looking forward to being blown away tonight! Big Grin
Jollyphonic
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Apr 2008 Posts: 433 Location: sittin' on me arris!
... and I was! Gig was immense Big Grin
ripstu
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote
Wasn't there but the Set list sounds fantastic! Can't wait till Leeds

Set list:

http://instagram.com/p/WdDSUAnfzV/
Pot_Head_Pixie
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 am Reply with quote
Great show; loved the new songs especially Graffiti on the Train and a real bluesy Been caught cheating. Also nice to hear Billy Daveys Daughter in the set list and a rousing Traffic. A fine way to spend a Monday evening.
hippychick75
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
Love struck the gig last night was amazing! they never fail to impress!
new material is excellent, same sun is a great track!
enjoy the rest of the gigs people! Big hug
Jared&Jade
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I had an amazing time at Brixton! The band really seemed on form and like they were really enjoying themselves too. Downside to the night was that there was an oversight when ordering the tickets resulting in my Dad and little brother being turned away at the door having travelled 240 miles. Absolutely devastated! On the flipside, it was my 10th time seeing them and what a gig to mark the milestone! And I spent it with my sister on her 1st Stereophonics gig.
kinkypinkykitten
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 17956 Location: What would my "mama do, If she knew ‘bout me and you?
Excellent gig last night. Waited outside since 12.30 but it was totally worth it. Was getting kinda miffed at times, when people were just "turning" up and walking to the front...When we got there, only 5 people were in front of us. No offence people, but if you wanna get to the front then QUEUE up like the rest of us... you gotta do the time!

However, i still got to the barrier, in between Adam & Kelly. Loved all the songs, and i applaud Jakki for getting up on stage and singing, i bet it wasn't easy for her.. she looked so nervous, but she did good.. i liked it. Happy

Was a bit surprised at the crowd though... it looked like no-one was really rocking away... i know the ones at the barrier were, but it didn't seem like the people behind were! Even when the classics like Bartender, Local boy came on... but, I rocked, and loved it. Was worth the 8 hours wait and i WILL be doing it again.
mr. Ryan Adams
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Setlist is a letdown. I hoped that the new tracks would invite some of the mellower songs from JEEP or YGGTTCB back in the setlist. But well, at least nothing from PTP or KCACO isn't played also.
Local boy to tonights gig
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Jan 2005 Posts: 4055 Location: Sailing on a sea of sweat on a stormy night
kinkypinkykitten wrote:
Excellent gig last night. Waited outside since 12.30 but it was totally worth it. Was getting kinda miffed at times, when people were just "turning" up and walking to the front...When we got there, only 5 people were in front of us. No offence people, but if you wanna get to the front then QUEUE up like the rest of us... you gotta do the time!

However, i still got to the barrier, in between Adam & Kelly. Loved all the songs, and i applaud Jakki for getting up on stage and singing, i bet it wasn't easy for her.. she looked so nervous, but she did good.. i liked it. Happy

Was a bit surprised at the crowd though... it looked like no-one was really rocking away... i know the ones at the barrier were, but it didn't seem like the people behind were! Even when the classics like Bartender, Local boy came on... but, I rocked, and loved it. Was worth the 8 hours wait and i WILL be doing it again.

People could turn up and get to the front because there was hardly any one there for the first hour of doors opening!
kinkypinkykitten
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Nov 2005 Posts: 17956 Location: What would my "mama do, If she knew ‘bout me and you?
Local boy to tonights gig wrote:
kinkypinkykitten wrote:

People could turn up and get to the front because there was hardly any one there for the first hour of doors opening!

You know what i mean.
lipstick
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Amazing gig! Mesmorised by Graffiti on the Train, love it love it Big Grin We Share the Same Sun was immense as was Catacomb and Roll the dice, Rock out guys why don't you! The build up in V+T did NOT disappoint either and In a Moment, wonderful!! The old songs were done to perfection as per usual, and a good sing along was had by all ! Loved every minute of it and even the stewards were nice (and appeared to be enjoying the beat) Worth the long cold wait and I am really looking forward to seeing them again at the end of the month!
Local boy to tonights gig
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Jan 2005 Posts: 4055 Location: Sailing on a sea of sweat on a stormy night
kinkypinkykitten wrote:
Local boy to tonights gig wrote:
kinkypinkykitten wrote:

You know what i mean.

I'm not sure that I do?!