Stereophonics Messageboard Forum Index

<  Stereophonics discussions  ~  The Jamie Thread

PJ
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
We've got Cherries and Apples and Bitches, oh my! We need a thread devoted to the newest member, Jamie. From what I have seen and heard so far, I like him! I'd like to know more about this guy. Please post photos, stories, love notes, or whatever here.
*_dan
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
...Erm, I believe he was in the Noisettes previously.

I like their song 'Never Forget You'.

(Has anything ever been officially said about why Javier left, and Jamie started?)
a.k.a.rosie
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 22 Dec 2008 Posts: 10398 Location: Quién fuera ella!
He's on Twitter as @popmorrison if you feel such inclined...

As for Javier (also on Twitter, as @javierweyler) - he has been asked about it while in Venuzeula promoting the film he was working on. They all seem to want to say it was musical differences but he does seem to want to encourage people to want to look forward to his new projects rather than dig around in the past so I do sense a little bit of angst there.

After hearing and seeing the interviews on both sides (on and off this topic) I've come to the conclusion that not only was the film taking up a considerable chunk of his time on and off since 2008, but with the news of him about to become a daddy I suspect the band wanted a level of commitment he just wasn't prepared to give any more. Considering the film he was working on is obviously close to his heart and a desire to ebrace family life, I'm not surprised he left.
lipstick
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
I'm sure as time goes by we'll find a fruit that suits Jamie Wink

I do like his style, I watched that Please Please Me on BBC Four on Friday and he fits in there just nice Happy Really into his drumming and doing his thing!
stereophoney
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I like Jamie, gives the band a bit of edge again, I loved Jav but I was getting a bit pissed off with the idiots only showing up to see him take his shirt off !!

It's rock and roll people !!
lipstick
Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
loved him doing his bongo drum thing on I wouldn't believe your wireless radio Big Grin loved the pow wow and Kelly, I'm surprised he didn't break a guitar string lol GREAT STUFF Surprise
mamzelle_fannette
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Jan 2009 Posts: 4370 Location: Riding with The HorsePouts in Kelly Town.
The Jamie lovers in here will appreciate this recording of Indian Summer centered on Jamie's drums: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDqBTRPTLWw

Awesome and he's in socks.. wow!
Loving the energy he brings to the band!
PJ
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
To Jamie: (If you are reading this, you have found your thread!) I had a GREAT time at the show last night (the 9:30 Club in Washington, DC). You rocked! Watching you play was phenomenal--you have so much energy! I loved the interaction with you during the show, and you made me feel so special when you brought me your setlist. Thank you so much! I'm glad you greeted fans after the show, too. (Nice cologne, by the way.) I hope you enjoy touring here--please come back again soon! Love struck

(You can send me a private message any time!)

Smile!

Patty
("PJ" on the board)
PJ
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:27 am Reply with quote
Nice photo here: http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/JLH1918/media/Stereophonics/IMG_1430_zps9c2ac023.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
PJ
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:56 pm Reply with quote
There is a nice interview with Jamie here: http://www.mikedolbear.com/story.asp?StoryID=4083
PJ
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
Jamie has a whole lot going on, both with Stereophonics and as side projects.

To find out more about him, you can check him out on Twitter @PopMorrison and @DrewfordAlabama. He is very active on Twitter!

You can now find him posting on Facebook, too, which started recently.

Jamie's personal web site is www.PopMorrison.com.

He also has a web site with his video performances--it is an amazing collection, some with Stereophonics and some much older. It is www.twosandfours.com.

Drewford Alabama is a special project for him--he explains the fascinating story of Drewford Alabama here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wcRkVOQzAo
and at:
www.DrewfordAlabama.com.

Jamie has also released music that he is encouraging people to use to make their own music: "If you want to make a song holla" is the name of the project. See the www.popmorrison.com web site for more info.

Today he posted on Twitter a lengthy YouTube video that has him discussing Natal drums, Stuart Cable, and his work with Stereophonics, among other things, plus he plays some incredible solos!! You can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SS4HxrXXPw&feature=youtu.be&a.

If you want to know more about Jamie, check out some of these things and feel his vibes!
Local City Lass
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
Has Jamie been in the band nearly 4 years now?....don't feel that long....

I haven't logged in here in months. Have I missed much?

Chrissy x
H-A-N-D
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:38 am Reply with quote
Local City Lass wrote:
Has Jamie been in the band nearly 4 years now?....don't feel that long....

I haven't logged in here in months. Have I missed much?

Chrissy x

Doesn't feel like 4 years!!

I miss this place being busy.