Stereophonics Messageboard Forum Index

<  Live area  ~  North American tour?

morningmaker
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Will the phonics ever come back to do a full North American tour? I hope so as it's been ages. I know there's issues with not having a label in North America but I really hope they're able to sort it out.
stereorob
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Agreed...I have been asking this very same question every album since LSVO, which they toured waaaay back in 2005!!!! To my knowledge, they have only played a handful of North American shows (pretty much all one-offs) since then. It is probably attributed to the lukewarm reception they have received this side of the Atlantic...I don't blame them for not wasting their time over here. It still doesn't change the fact that I would love to see them at least one more time in my life without having to make the trek across to the UK...
morningmaker
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:41 am Reply with quote
Ya other than the Virgin Festival that they did in 2009 with Oasis and Paul Weller, they've not really been to Toronto since 2005. I know they did the Vancouver Olympics show in 2010. I think that not having a label is a big part of it. There's basically no one to fund a tour. I'm sure if they were able to tour in North America they'd sell out 1000 seat venues, although that's a sad change from selling out arenas in the rest of the world! I think they are by far one of the most underrated bands around.
Nickel II
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Looks like we have our wish!

I will be at the Henry Fonda Theater in LA on OCt. 10th!!!
stereorob
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Woooo-hoooo! Looks like I'll be In Detroit on the 27th of Sept!!! What a great venue too!!! Tickets on sale tomorrow....it feels like Christmas eve, lol!!!
Louie
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Sep 2008 Posts: 37 Location: Charlton Massachusetts USA
OMG... Boston House of Blues here we come!
Nickel II
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Weird, I know the announcement here is that the tix are only available thru stereophonics.com, but I just checked ticketmaster and they have them for sale too.

$30 plus $11 service charges - I hate ticketmaster!!!! 33% surcharge - how is this legal!

Not all the US shows are listed, and some of the on-sale dates are Thu, some are Fri, some are Saturday.
PJ
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
I am so very, very happy!
chungi
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Oct 2009 Posts: 905 Location: Feeling plush on a saturday morning in Kelly's arms
PJ wrote:
I am so very, very happy!

Surprise Surprise Surprise Surprise Surprise Mi deh deh pon mi eyelash! This is it!!!! Me meeting di big man- Kelly Jones? Rrrrrrrrrrr. Patty when and where and I'll book a flight from Jamaica and jump and scream with you. Let me know, girl. I', going crazy!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Praise Praise Praise Day dreaming Day dreaming Day dreaming
Louie
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Sep 2008 Posts: 37 Location: Charlton Massachusetts USA
just got my tickets for the Boston show... can't wait!
Nickel II
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Err, it is more expensive to buy from the band site than to wait to buy tix on Sat thru ticketmaster (at least for the LA show at the Honda).

I am going to wait and buy them Saturday. Lot less risk of anything getting lost in the mail with the tix coming from England as well.
PJ
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I got tickets today for the DC show--$30 each plus a $6 per order fee. The tickets will not be mailed--they need to be picked up at the box office. I don't know how much they will be directly from the 9:30 Club or from Ticketmaster, since neither place has info about any tickets for this show, but at least the tickets won't get lost in the mail.
Nickel II
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Congrats PJ - I know how much you and I have wanted them back here! Odd that yours wouldn't be shipped, perhaps different depending on the venue. When I went to order mine for LA the stereophonics shop was adding I think $7 per ticket handling plus $10 shipping. It took forever for my copy of GOTT CD and was afraid it had been lost so I don't want to risk it.

Ticketmaster starts selling tix Sat for the LA show so I will get thru them.
stereorob
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Bought my tickets on the fansite and saved $15 from what Ticketmaster was charging ($10 service fee on a $25 ticket is bullshit!). The tickets for the Detroit show are just Will-Call pickup...super easy. I would be leery if they were shipping over seas as well.

Btw, congrats to all of us who have waited so long to see the band back on this side of the pond!!! Sooooooo pumped for September 27th!!
morningmaker
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
This has totally made my day! Toronto on Sept. 25th for sure!!!