Stereophonics Messageboard Forum Index

<  Stereophonics discussions  ~  Was C'est la Vie a first single proper?

Macleane
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Feb 2005 Posts: 402 Location: Preston, Lancs. England
C'est la vie didn't really trouble the charts and it has already been dropped from Radio 2's playlist having only ever made it as high as the B list. It seems strange that despite the fact the band were noticeably very happy with it and the fans gave it two big thumbs up, it has already started to disappear from the airwaves. Was this just a taster/teaser single as were V&T and In a Moment from the last record?

I notice that the band didn't particularly promote the single outside of social media and there is still ten weeks until the album is released. Plus, they've already shot the video for the next single! Which I imagine will be released shortly to coincide with the upcoming gigs! Hope the album starts building momentum after their next release - if it's better than C'est la Vie, then we're really rockin'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
H-A-N-D
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I think it was. Streaming is now an issue. The single would have reached the top 40 if it wasn't for streaming but only reached 73. Downloads have been pretty decent and would have spent a few weeks in the top 75.

Damn you streaming!!